Valley Bank, First Vice President, Chicago Commercial Real Estate Division Head Jerry Lumpkins received his degrees in Political Science and History from Rockford University and his MBA from the University of Phoenix-San Diego. After serving as a commissioned officer in the U.S. Marine Corps for over five years, Lumpkins began his commercial banking career in Southern California. Lumpkins has been in commercial banking for over 25-years and specializes in commercial real estate and affordable housing.
Currently, Jerry is a Senior Vice President and Chicago Commercial Real Estate Division Head for Valley Bank and solely focuses on commercial investment real estate transactions. Products include multifamily, retail, office, and industrial properties throughout the Midwest. Jerry was recently inducted into the Real Estate Journal’s 2020 Midwest Commercial Real Estate Hall of Fame. He was recognized by Crain’s Chicago as one of the most notable minorities in commercial banking in 2021 and recognized by Crain’s Chicago as one of the 2021 notable nonprofit board leaders.
Lumpkins currently maintains membership and leadership positions within the following organizations:
- Board President of the Rockford Housing Development Corporation (RHDC)
- Vice Chair and Board member of Neighborhood Housing Services of Chicago, Inc. (NHS)
- Member of the Strategic Planning Subcommittee
- Chair of the Resource Development Committee
- DePaul University’s Real Estate Center-Executive Advisory Boar
- Advisory Board member of the Real Estate Investment Association (REIA)
- Past Chair of the Programming Committee
- Advisory Board Member of the Marshall Bennett Institute of Real Estate
- Board member of the Rogers Park Builders Group (RPBG)
- Member of the Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. (ΦΒΣ)
- Member of the Latino Real Estate Investors Council (LREIC)
- Member of Chicagoland Apartment Association (CAA)
- American Legion Illinois Premier Boys State (ALIPBS) Alumni Association
Prior memberships/leadership positions
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Former Board President of the Bickerdike Redevelopment Corporation Board, which provides affordable housing to residents in Northwest side of Chicago.
- Past President of Rockwell Community Development and BRC Affiliates, Inc.
- Co-Chair of the Stewardship Committee
- 2017 Past President and Board member Emeritus of the Chicago Real Estate Council (CREC)
- Former Chairman of the Rockford Housing Authority (RHA), Mayoral appointment. Served for over 6 years and was Chairman for 5 years. Term expired on 6/1/2018.
- Former President of Bridge Rockford Alliance, Inc., which is the non-profit development arm of the housing authority (BRA). Term expired on 6/1/2018.
- Past member of Public Housing Authorities Directors Association (PHADA)
- Past member of the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO)